It has been impossible to find any Minute Books before the late 1940s and therefore my thanks are particularly due to:-
- the late Harold Willey for papers and photographs of his own and of his uncle H. B. Willey
- the late Dr. Edward Bramley for confirmation about the very early years
- the Sheffield City Library for research facilities, particularly into the scrap-books and other papers of L. C. Barber and B. W. Doncaster deposited there by Mark Barber
- my cousin J. C. Wilson for several scrap-books of his father, C. R. Wilson
- W. R. Jenkinson for the club cash-book 1901-1924 and other papers
- C. G. Buck for papers and photographs
- Mrs. H. B. Grayson for loan of a scrapbook
- Mark Barber for a great deal of invaluable information
- T. H. Reed for memories of his playing days
C. Hayes Jones for his recollections of a life-time's scoring and for various papers
and numerous members for their help and encouragement.
I also wish to thank Messrs. Guion & King for their help and skill in producing this book.
I am grateful to the following for permission to publish photographs:-
- C. G. Buck, for the 1932 team at Bramall Lane and the 1929 M.C.C. match.
- The Morning Telegraph, Sheffield, for the two county match photographs and the 1973 League Team.
- T. H. Reed, for the 1964 team and the general view of Abbeydale Park.
- Mrs H.B Grayson for the 1953 'A' Team.